Monday, September 7, 2009

Coffee Shops

I LOVE coffee shops. I love how each and everyone has a different personality and demographic of people. If I had enough money and time I would basically live in coffee shops. But then I would not have a home and I would not be able to have a day like yesterday where I stayed in my pajamas all day. I think there is something wonderful with the coffee shop mentality too. You get to go and kind of escape from everything for a while. If you go to the same one enough then people begin to know who you are and what you want - it's like having new friends! (sometimes actually new friends) I have two favorite coffee shops in Fort Collins: Mugs and Starry Night. Each serve different purposes and I go to them for different reasons and I love them both. I have recently been introduced to the Bean Cycle and Wild Boar - both are also quite wonderful.
Maybe it's just that I love people watching and feeling like I'm part of a "special" community but I love coffee shops because they allow me to do both of those things - and have coffee or tea, sometimes cake or other delicious food items and free Internet :)

In other news, I had an amazing almost 2 hour lesson today, after I missed my lesson this morning...thanks to those who missed their lessons and let me have their times - whether or not this was on purpose remains to be seen.
In the middle of my lesson(ish) it started raining and has yet to really stop...I love Colorado weather, it is fantastic how it can be warm and pleasant but also rainy....at the moment I am enjoying watching people simply not care and continue about their business (or run through it in an attempt to get less wet) from the front window seat at Mugs where I enjoyed a bagel pizza and a latte (free because I bought enough this summer), using their wireless Internet and feeling just simply awesome.

I hope you are having an amazingly wonderful day!!! :D (I certainly am!)

2 comments:

  1. you are clearly enjoying this whole laptop reality :) and your prose is pleasant to read! Do you think it says something bad about MIT that we don't have a campus coffeeshop? I do. And it's not like it wouldn't get good business either. Dunkin Donuts does not count, no matter what these east coasters say...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Renee,

    You should consider a career offering to wake up over-sleepers with that facial expression. You could make a killing.

    Also, I'm a little distressed at Brazil's lack of good coffeeshops. Starbucks is the closest I can find. Boo!

    I am also sad about how addictive those fish on your blog are. I want to be their little fishy friend, but then I remember that they're not real.

    Love,
    Me.

    ReplyDelete